Improvements in this release
- Use SHA256 for verification 856211
- Log all debootstrap arguments.
- Try harder to install apt-transport-https and ca-certificates
when they're needed 855035
- Propagate local certificates using the same logic.
- Fix baum driver restarting when typing too fast on Vario Ultra
- Fix FTBFS with UTF-8 entities in mirror list, e.g. RE/Réunion
- Only call sed on /etc/default/rcS to adjust UTC setting when
this file exists 854924
- Bump Linux kernel version from 4.9.0-1 to 4.9.0-2.
- Fix missing speech synthesis menu entries on some i386 images.
- Make syslinux and EFI boot menus uniform, emphasizing graphical
- Add speech synthesis entries for expert, rescue, and automated
install; and make shortcuts point to them.
- Propagate dot-containing options to target kernel command line
- Set User-Agent to "debian-installer" when calling wget
- Strip the arch-qualifier 836525
- Instead of creating a /dev/ptmx → pts/ptmx symlink
unconditionally, try "mknod c 5 2" first, and fall back to a
symlink only if it fails. This should help with various tools
like pbuilder, sbuild, and schroot 817236
- Fix support for Korean glyphs by shipping DroidSansFallback.ttf
instead of DroidSansFallbackFull.ttf in the fonts-android-udeb
- Make grub-install check for errors from efibootmgr 853234
- C.UTF-8.in: change LC_IDENTIFICATION to i18n:2012 837004
- Parse SHA256 fields in Packages files 856210
- Parse SHA256 fields in Release files.
- Update versions for changed symbols. Please note that packages
impacted by this change were checked within Debian. Derivative
distributions might want to double check their packages.
- Fix sfdisk arguments 855489
- Implement a preseedable way to skip disk erase 476388
- Avoid registering options for non-modules (#853855). The
non-modules list is based on the kernel-command-line(7) manpage.
- Update gtk lowmem limits.
- Fix terminal garbage in Debian Installer over serial line
Hardware support changes
- Add support for ports which aren't scheduled to be released by
looking at an extra unreleased suite where patched or
port-specific components are made available, and use unstable
instead of testing as a base suite. This fixes the long standing
FTBFS on non-released ports 852215
. Please note that other
changes related to non-released ports are usually not covered in
- Add fb-modules to some loongson-3 configurations 854553
- powerpc: Add virtio modules to cdrom/netboot images 767487
- Add machine db entry for TI OMAP4 PandaBoard-ES 857205
- Add machine db entry for NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo v2 855960
- Add machine db entry for Hardkernel ODROID-C2 845818
- Fix grub-xen installation in Xen environments 854082
- Use 'p' (not '-part') as multipath disk-partition separator.
This fixes the check of whether the boot file system is on
- Better handling of PReP partitions on ppc64el: prefer PReP
partition on the same disk as the boot file system partition.
- disk-detect: stop trying to load dm-emc 852285
- disk-detect: match 'mpath[a-z]+' instead of 'mpath[0-9]+' since
multipath-tools changed behaviour regarding mpath device names
- disk-detect: run update-dev before probing for devices (#843895).
- Add support for NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo v2 855965
- udeb: Add more USB host and dual-role drivers to usb-modules
- udeb/arm64: Add ast to fb-modules 820168
- udeb: Add bcache to md-modules 718548
- Update support for more recent output of 'multipath -l'.
- Accept spaces in multipath WWID.
- Fix resizing an NVMe device 820818
- udev: Fix by-id symlinks for devices whose IDs contain
- udev: Fix /dev/disk/by-path aliases for virtio disks 856558
- udev/s390x: Create persistent net names for virtio CCW devices
- armel: Support for openrd targets has been fixed and enabled
. Please note that this needs to be enabled again
in debian-installer as well.
* 75 languages are supported in this release.
* Full translation for 15 of them.
Known bugs in this release
* There seems to be no known major bug as of yet.
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer,
so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you
will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this