Improvements in this release
- Switch default hostname from ftp.debian.org to deb.debian.org in
the 92updates and 93backports generators 860472
- Fix speech-enabled boot menu entries for advanced options.
- Fix extraneous 32bit speech entry on multiarch images.
- Bump Linux kernel version from 4.9.0-2 to 4.9.0-3.
- IPv6 autoconfiguration: fix NTP server name handling, which
would be stored as the DHCP-provided hostname 862745
- Remove code using device mapper 860833
it doesn't seem to work properly in a Debian Installer context,
and rely on grub-mount instead (which was already the default
Hardware support changes
- armel/orion5x: Use DTB for Buffalo Linkstation LiveV3 (LS-CHL).
- Re-enable u-boot images for OpenRD.
- Add support for Xunlong Orange Pi Plus / Plus 2.
- Switch to DTB for Buffalo Linkstation LiveV3 (LS-CHL).
- udeb: Include all AHCI drivers in sata-modules 860335
- udeb: Add tifm_7xx1 to mmc-modules 861195
- udeb: Move mfd-core to kernel-image, as both input-modules and
mmc-modules need it.
* 75 languages are supported in this release.
* Full translation for 21 of them.
Known bugs in this release
* An extraneous open-iscsi step is performed right before the end of
each installation, even if there are no iSCSI devices 863435
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer,
so please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you
will need are available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this
on behalf of the Debian Installer Team